Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Unjustified Exposure Vs. Privacy





Chilling encounters today with some venomous and really wicked reporters around my school. I don't need to get into the details, but 2 women reporters were hanging around my school looking to interview kids about a recent news story, a story that definitely crosses the line between privacy and public news.
But, in all reality, in one of the biggest cities in the world, where is that line?
When did it become alright to shove cameras into teen's faces? To literally stalk kids to get an interview. It's wrong. I think the idea of news is great, but now that I've actually experienced being in the news first hand, I see that documenting events and people isn't as wholesome as it sounds, and can easily be molded to fit a political ideal....Let's just say, the news didn't report the story correctly.
It seems like everything nowadays is news in New York City...