Thursday, January 10, 2008

My first week in HarlemLive

Hello people,

Well my name is Jenny and I am journalist for Harlem LIVE. I just began my job on Monday with my best friend, Angelica. I am junior in HS of Graphic Communication Arts and I study journalism as my work shop class.

When I first came to HarlemLIVE, I was excited and scared at the same time. I even must admit I was a little intimidated by Richard, the owner of HarlemLive. But that intimidation didn't get me down as everyone in HarlemLive was very welcoming, especially Selli and Chiki. On my first day I had to do a P.O.S (People on the Street), and it was very scary to go up to complete strangers and ask them questions. Later on, I had to make phone calls to presidential candidates head quarters and ask for interviews. It was like I was a deer in a lion's feeding cage. But as I continued to work in HarlemLive, all these fears had went away and I felt comfortable with what I was doing.

I am on my second week in HarlemLive and I am a new person than I was when I first entered. I am now able to go up to people and ask for interview with ease. I am anxious to call people for interviews and get information for my articles. As for Richard, he couldn't scare me with a killer clown mask on.