Monday, October 20, 2008

the saturday trip

This past weekend I went out to Pennsylvania with hl and the things that I seen was weird to me. While out in Pennsylvania we ran into this group of old lady’s who had sign saying democrat for McCain and McCain / Palin and to me I wasn’t really shocked about it because I already knew most of the town was white or Caucasian so that to me made me think that they were for McCain.
We try to talk to them and see their point of views about the whole election but to me I think they just said they were moving because we was African American and to them we were for Obama. Then we ran into a few guys from Pennsylvania and they seem to be getting dumber by the minute because i'm almost sure one of them said who the president and I was like wow… a person who says that just is not worth my time.

We went to the McCain headquarters and we went to the Obama headquarters and at McCain they were more open to answering questions and at Obama we only spoke to intern n volunteer while when we went to McCain they let us speak to anyone who wanted to be interview. Also the people at Obama is paid to be there while the people at McCain was just there because they want John McCain to win the presidential election and to me that a big issue that should be looked at because I wonder if in ever state the people who work for these headquarters get paid or they just volunteer there time. Showing dedication is one thing that will help the candidates win.

The overall look at Scranton Pennsylvania, is there are not 3% {major insider} African American there more like 10 % and to me it seem like it a small town and it not very active, beside in the mall. We drove around looking for different places where we could interview people and see there views on the election but at times it hard to communicate with other if they not into being video and getting there picture taken.