Monday, August 24, 2009

Hey everyone...

I'm so excited that my team won overall. This summer was so intense and we worked hard. I'm sad that it's over. These past few weeks, I've been kinda bummed that the summer challenge is over. The awards ceremony was great. It was nice to see everybody come together. I just wish everyone was there.

I'm excited that two of my team members became editor in chief but of course I'm jealous. I'm kind of upset that I didn't get the title. I think that I proved myself this summer with all the responsibility I took on and bringing my team to victory. I asked a few people if I was overlooked due to age, but I don't know. I got different answers from everyone.

It really hurts me when I see people who intern for a few weeks and get titles that I've never got. I'm not completely bummed because not everyone makes it and everyone isn't supposed to. People like Shem and Kamal were never appointed as Editor-in- Chief and they're doing great things to this day. Shem's a great graphic desinger and Kamal's still doing his thing, so I'm just gonna keep doing my thing.

Anywhoo, overall, I've learned so much from being apart of HarlemLive period. Everything I spoke about in the last presentation was true. I'm such a better communicator than I ever was. I'm just excited for the fall and I'm going to step my production up.... I'm not giving up. My time will come