Friday, July 17, 2009

Memoir - Workshop #2

It was great seeing everyone on Wednesday. Thanks to those who blogged and brought in ideas for a memoir. Don't forget that next week's class in on Monday. I hope more people blog and write this week. Points, points, points!

REMEMBER--Blog assignment only online.
Writing assignment is NOT on your blog. Bring it to class!

Blog Assignment
Write a few sentences about the dictionary word you were given in class. Extra points if you add a picture.
Example:
My word was silver.
Silver reminds me of my grandmother's hair. She's 90 and has a full head of thick hair that has been silver for over 30 years. I know her hair used to be dark, but it's been as silver as a dime ever since I can remember. Unfortunately, I have hair like my other grandmother, who has been almost bald since she was in her 70s!

Writing Assignment
Decide what your memoir will be about and write the first paragraph. Bring it to class written on paper or typed.

REMEMBER--Blog assignment only online.
Writing assignment is NOT on your blog. Bring it to class!