Wednesday, July 16, 2008

7/16/08

So yesterday, Team Ambush had the chance to attend a class taught by Anthony, it was a video class. I believe my team and I learned some very important pointers on getting B-Roll (extra footage aside from main interviews), getting close-ups of items we want the viewers to really pay attention to and also just providing a good story through video.

I know some things about a video but not a lot, it was refreshing to get a glance at some videos yesterday though. The short piece that Anthony showed yesterday was about food from different cultures. the video meshed two things I love dearly; food and film.


By the end of the class Anthony taught us pretty much all he wanted us to know about getting B-Roll and the different types of shots, including: zooming-in, zooming-out, wide-shot, and panning. Anthony said panning would great for the situation he was in; the fact that Anthony sat at such angle that he couldn't see all of us students, having a camera pan the whole section would tell a story and also keep the audience engaged because there would be much movement in the shot(s).



Over all it was a good class and I hope I get to learn more as the summer progresses.


~Naiquan~