Monday, July 21, 2008

Memoir class!!

Today was my first memoir class, taught by my e-mail editor Kathyrn. I enjoyed it and i even wrote a small memoir that i would like to share:

My First Skate Board Trick

Skating in the banks of the L.E.S. on a hot summer day in July of '06. Sweat dripping down my eyebrow, accelerating downward only to make contact with the ever-blazing asphalt. Tension rising, heart rates elevating. Then one sound broke the silence, polyurethane wheels scraping against the floor, emitting a monotonous echo from under the bridge. Then suddenly all that used to be in sight was now 5 ft lower and looking upward. A final bang vibrated the floor and everyone’s eyes focused on me and were stuck in awe. Then I realized what feat I had just accomplished, a Mc Varial Kick flip.