Wednesday, July 16, 2008

McKay Public Speaking

So today we took a public speaking class which I really enjoyed. The teacher was one of the judges from last weeks presentation which I didn't realize until several minutes after the class began. Mr. McKay first gave us a little background on public speaking which was informative. Then he gave us a bunch of tips to use when presenting. Some I knew and some I didn't but I was glad to take it all in. The tips included projecting your voice, avoiding notes, being natural, keeping your audiences attention and not falling into PowerPoint's evil trap. Afterwards, a few of the students including myself got up and talked about a certain topic. I talked about my weekend activities. Courtney talked about being an army brat. It was a very very good lesson.