Wednesday, July 16, 2008

On Enter Flash News: 001 HarlemLIVE

I haven't been creating any tutorials as of late , but I do have a good reason. I've been going to New York to teach Adobe flash to kids at HarlemLIVE witch is located in Harlem. HarlemLIVE is a nonprofit organization that was created in 1996 by Richard Calton a former New York City school teacher. There mission is to empower a diverse group of youth towards leadership with experience and exposure to media and technology. The roll I play is teaching Adobe flash. The kids have picked up this program like biscuits and gravy. We have been creating simple animations, tweens, and buttons. Soon I want to teach them how to create a simple website with actionscript 2. As some of you know Adobe Flash is as complex as it is fun and I am astonished at how smart all these kids are. I will report more on the HarlemLIVE and I will also begin to do some tutorials again going into Actionscript 3. Remeber to visit my website onenterflash.blogspot.com and also visit Harlem Live's website www.harlemLIVE.org

-Waarith Abdul-Majeed