Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Drug Peace March!


On Saturday May 3rd, Laredo and I ventured down to Tompkins Square Park to attend a gathering supporting the legalization of marijuana. I was really nervous about asking people about their opinions on why they believed marijuana should be legalized. Everyone was smoking weed (obvious, I guess) and some people looked really drugged out. But the first person we interviewed, a man selling books teaching you how to roll a joint, was really open and nice to us. Everyone had really interesting points, and I feel as if my outlook on marijuana has changed. There was one man who walked up to Laredo and I to invite us to a play about cocaine. He was really cool, and realized that we were both nervous about approaching the really drugged out looking people, so he encouraged us.

All in all I am happy that we went and pushed ourselves.