Friday, May 9, 2008

No Dew, Nor Rain


I attended the No Dew , Nor Rain town hall meeting at the Atlah Baptist church. I saw flyers one time before to come to this committee once and I was interested in what they were talking about. Rev. Manning, president of the No Dew, Nor Rain action committee, spoke about the objectives of the committee and he also spoke about the objectives of the group. Councilmen candidate Carolyn Nowell was attending and she stated that the politicians for this community don't represent the people interest. She said that she attended meetings at the community board and the people wasn't concerned. People had quite alot to say about Inez Dickens. I can support some of their statements because her representatives at her office are rude and uncaring. I know she said that 49% of the housing for the rezoning of 125th street will be affordable but how will it be enforced if it's not government owned and that wasn't mentioned.