Tuesday, June 30, 2009

MJB


Today I saw MARY J. BLIGE.... I was so stoked. I've seen Mary before at her cd signing at Carol's Daughter. That cold day which was December 23 of 07', Mary was 45 minutes late. I stood right there and waited. Today however, she was 2 hours late.... I wasn't worried at all. We had a great time talking about our issues and expressing our opinions on different topics. There was a group of girls there, all black except one. 

When Mary came she talked about the woman that ABC Extreme Makeover Home Edition was honoring by rebuilding her house in Pennsylvania. She also spoke about self esteem and how confidence is important. I was the first to ask her a question. To my surprise, I broke down crying in the middle of my sentence. I was so emotional because I was sitting a few feet away from this influential woman who have helped others through her struggles. Although, in comparison to others, I have it good, I go thorough my share of things too. 

I just felt like this woman cared about us genuinely. I believe in her FAWN foundation and its impact on females.
Anywhoo, enough of the sentiment... She looked damn good. She wore a simple outfit...orange shirt, jeans and brown pumps, but she looked so lively. She really has that scar too on the side of her face.... but she took pictures with us, signed autographs and she made my day...even though she was extremely late... but hey she paid the cost to be the QUEEN...!