Monday, June 29, 2009

MTA...RIP MJ



I was astonished today as I entered 4 dollars in the vending machine and it said invalid. I went over to the booth and asked the guy for a $4 metro. He looked at me confused and shaked his head. He then pointed to a poster on the small, rectangular corner of the window. THE FARE HAS INCREASED TO $2.25 instead of $2. I couldn't believe it. It's funny because even though I'm journalist and I'm involved in the media, watch the news, etc, I never believe in these changes until they actually happen. 

Frustrated, I decided to cover a story on it. Zinu, Polo, Branday and I went to 125th street and asked people their opinions. We spoke to a lot of great people and got some great quotes. 


Tomorrow, I'm attending this workshop for Mary J. Blige's foundation. She'll be there and I'm so excited to meet her. I've seen her before for a cd singing at Carol's Daughter but I didn't speak with her or anything. I'm super excited about seeing her. Later on tomorrow there will be a tribute for my man Michael Jackson at Apollo. I can't even express how I feel about his death. I'm a big fan, of course not compared to others, because I'm not from his era, but his music was meant for me. I've always been told I have an old soul and I can picture me in the late 70's with tight flannel pants on moving to his songs.... He will be missed...