Friday, November 14, 2008

MY FIRST VIDEO POSTED TO THE SITE



Today i seen my video posted on the HarlemLive website and omg did it make me feel so special. i went to the site and i listen to everything and how i reported and how i was shy but still got the job done because i had the help of Waarith and Luisa.  i think i can see myself doing more of this reporting thing in the future, but it has to be in times when no other reporter is around because i get extra shy when i have a reporter around but i guess it just how everything builds up. 

the feel you get when your stuff up on a major website it like an dream come true. to me it like having out first African American President and that mean alot to me as well. i would like to thank Waarith because he was the one person who been pushing me to do something beside update our site and put some of my own content on the website and i never really thought i would ever see it but now i have more faith to put my work out there now that i see it up for myself, also we went to the Harriet Tubman Memorial. 

I also spoke to the artist and the artist personal video person and she told me how the work i did on her piece was good and hearing someone who an artist tell me the event i cover was good it make me feel good inside and give me the rush like i need to do this more often.

It was an great feeling interviewing a famous artist like Alison Saar. i must say i had a great experience for my first time being an reporter.