Wednesday, January 28, 2009

MY PRESIDENTS' INAUGURATION...It was worth it all


The experience in attending the Inauguration was great. The ride there was okay. I was tired and slept most of the way listening to music. I was sick and my throat got worse but I feel so much better now. It was nice to see Obama's car go by the glass windows of the Newseum. I was so close to him. Everybody there seemed happy to see Obama being sworn in. The long waiting on the lines and the extreme weather caused people to be upset. I guess it was worth waiting outside in the cold to go into the Newseum. It was a cool place though. I read off a tele-prompter and reported news in front of a green screen and then saw myself on a television reporting in front of Capitol hill. I wish I would have bought something back home but at least I have the pencil Celly gave us and the train ticket. 

But Going back home was a nightmare... with day-day's snoring in my ear it was the worst i've heard so far. I could barely breath neither, and not because i was sick but because of someone's feet. It smelled like old cheese doodles. And Richard's foot was in front of day-day's face but i managed to just listen to my music and fall asleep. 

Crackel-Barrel was fun. The food was hairy though. 
I go there every time I'm coming back home from visiting my family from North Carolina for breakfast and its better in the morning.  

Even though I'd became sick, had to deal with smelly feet and loud snoring and the freezing weather.... It was all worth it in the end for me to say that I was apart of the Inauguration.  

"We remain a young nation, but in the words of scripture, the time has come to set aside childish things. The time has come to reaffirm our enduring spirit; to choose our better history; to carry forward that precious gift, that noble idea, passed on from generation to generation: the God-given promise that all are equal, all are free, and all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness" - President, Barack Obama

My President is Black!!
               ( )_( )
(-_-)
           c((")(")

My New New Years Resolution now, is to shake hands with President Barack Obama. 
  

X3_Kendra