Saturday, April 12, 2008

Harlem Men

On thursday, Nyeisha, Kennequa, Loredo and I went to event for a program called Harlem Men at Harlem Children Zone. I didn't know what to expect so I couldn't wait for the event to begin. They served finger foods, juice and water. As I looked around, I noticed that every person seemed to be positive and I didn't feel any negative vibes at all. I really liked the event and felt that it was really inspiring. The organization wants to give young men the chance to be something later on in life. Also I noticed kids in the gym exercising and being very productive. And that was separate from the event and I found that to be great because it was late and thursday's weather was nice. So to see students doing that showed me that these kids are already on the right path.