Sunday, April 27, 2008

In on Sunday

OK, this is my first time ever posting a blog, writing a blog, blogging, however you say it. I'm at Harlem Live today here to support Nyiesha. She's interviewing a Christian rap group that will be in later today.
I was in on Monday, and it was kind of a slow day because of Spring Break. It gave me a chance to read a lot of the new stories on the website. I really enjoyed reading Laredo's, Nyiesha's, and Dyeemah's feature pieces since I've worked with them on some things. I enjoyed reading the blogs, too. I could identify with Kennequa being shy here at first, but feeling comfortable later. I felt the same way. At first, I was very timid about going "out on the street," since I'm a writer, but not a journalist. Now, I'm liking it. Thanks everyone for making volunteering fun and letting me learn from you.
Something's smelling good in the kitchen, so I'll end this here.