Monday, February 9, 2009

Meetings... and Trips


Today i had a very interesting conversation that could have went on for days. This individual is an advocate , an educator, a spoken word artist and a spoken word leader. His titles are endless, and as an Asian American he is very assertive about getting information out there to people about their history and the things that they should know now. He's a very spiritual individual who's very much involved in numerous communities. His name is Elijah and I will be interviewing him soon.

Next week I will be off on a trip to visit colleges in Delaware, Maryland, and Washington, DC. Seeing how I will be exposed to various college environments, this might possibly be my next story. The excitement is at a minimum but thats only because I have been on so many I only get excited when we're at the college taking notes in the freezing cold (unless its nice). Luckily I can retrieve lots of pictures and lots of info. Us teenagers really need to know what to look out for at college. Whats the food like ? How are the dorms? and Of course the financial office!