Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New Ideas

Today, going to school was a drag.  I have a 2-9 and zero and tenth period on Tuesdays and Thursdays, a 1st period on Tuesdays.  I really don't like my program.   It's my 2nd day here and I'm not yet use to everything, but I'm getting there.  The memoir project that we are starting on is really fun.  I'm very excited about that.  Today i wrote on many events and it was fun to share and listen to other stories.  Today more people came in, so Kendra and Carisma helped me find places to do my first report on.  I'm really interested in Harlem Tap Studio because I'm familiar with the person who runs it, Omar.  He was on Apollo and I can image that that is where his fame came from.  He was also on lots of television shows.   I'm also interested in Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center.  I use to go there for camp and their teen night program.  I worked there one summer.  My siblings and friends also do activities there.  EVERYONE in Harlem has done something there.  From Battlegrounds, rap sessions, dance, after school, tutorial, all the way to summer camp.  "It goes down at the center."  There is also an organization called the Urban Dove and I would love to write about them.    I have other places, such as Hue-man Bookstore and Barnes and Noble (I'll see how those go.)  Until then....