Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Public Speaking With The One & Only John

Yesterday John taught us a class about public speaking. It was cool. I liked the way he taught his lessons. Sometimes he lost people's attention that was in the back but i was paying very close attention to him because I was much interested in what he had to say and teach us. He told us how if we can talk to one person about any given topic than we can talk to a whole group of people. I was one of the first groups of people he called up to do his activity. In this activity he would give you a random topic/thing to talk about and you would have to persuade him to do whatever it is that you were talking about. For example I had to persuade him that he should adopt a dog. So i rung his fake doorbell and I introduced myself. I  asked him was he ever interested in dogs and how a dog is a man's best friend and I thought I was doing pretty good until he started saying unexpected and weird answers to my questions. Thats when I caught myself pausing and looking for answers. But I think it was good for something that was short notice and to be one of the first people up.