Tuesday, December 16, 2008

First Day at HarlemLIVE!

Today was my first day working as a volunteer at HarlemLIVE. I read about the organization on the website www.volunteersnyc.org and was really excited to get involved. I graduated from New York University in 2005 with my degree in journalism. I would really like to teach journalism classes in the future and volunteering here would be a great way to start doing that. I used to work at the website for Major League Baseball, editing video, writing and shooting stories and putting video online, so I think I have a lot to contribute here.

I spent the day working with Stanley and teaching him a little more about Final Cut Pro. There are so many tricks and techniques to it that one day wasn't enough to teach him everything he wanted to know, but we definitely made some good first steps. I'm really excited for my next time here, because we'll have some story ideas that we can start working on. Today was just a tutorial. I'm definitely really excited to be involved.