Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hunting in the rain

Story hunt! Oh what fun, except we were hunting in the rain. Prowling the streets of Harlem searching for stories in every nook and cranny, every stone not left unturned. OK, maybe we didn't turn over stones to find our stories, but we -as in my partner and I- did go to some interesting places . Our little group was split up into three smaller groups and then we were off with our assigned streets -which kept on changing as we went along- our feet heavy as we trudged through the rain. 

The rain of course was the best part -notice the sarcasm- for a moment I had honestly thought that I was going to loose my pinky toe on my right leg. It, and my fingers -although in gloves- felt numb. Oh woe is me, but I can't complain, I found this awesome story idea that I want to go through with and I'm pumped up and ready to go. Ah yes, the joys of hunting in the rain.