Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My First Days of HarlemLIVE



I walked in for an interview at HarlemLIVE not knowing what to expect. Once i arrived, there wasn't any office like my teacher had described. It was just a relaxed space. People on the couch, people eating in the kitchen and on their laptops. Immediatly after i filled out an application and was introduced to everyone I began to work on my first project at the Hue-Man bookstore. There, i was at a book signiig for wynton marsalis and sat and watched how he introduced his new book Moving to higher ground how. after he discussed the book i watched how the other members of HL worked with asking people questions. Then i began to ask random people questions about the book and Wynton. it was fun to do something different.

The next day I went to Milbank for the Children Aid Society Thanksgiving celebertation and saw a lot of food and got to meet alot of people and ask even more random people questions. I saw one of my neighbors too. And I learned how to take better pictures.