Thursday, December 11, 2008

StoryHunting=Crazy

So I just came back from my first Story Hunt with the awesome HarlemLive staff and it was a blast. However it was wet and cold, which is not exactly the best weather to walk around Harlem in. My partner for today was Kendra, and I really enjoyed working with her. After she demonstrated the task that was at hand, I was ready to do it on my own; well at least I thought I was. 

Well at first I couldn't get what I was going to say correct, and we stood outside of the Avon store while I had a wave of paranoia, just trying to get my two feet through the doorway. Well when we got into the store I just went for it and had fun. The lady just smiled at me with an enthusiastic grin and kindly told me that tomorrow morning I could talk to her manager. Then from there I had it under control and continued to four more stores where both Kendra and I gathered more brochures and business cards for future reference.

After today's experience I think that the store that I m really psyched about doing a story on is The Little Gym. It was so cute, and full of little kids who were doing gymnastics and running around having fun. It was cool and I really found it interesting....I feel a story coming on.

~Roxy W.