Thursday, December 4, 2008

Newbie! Le Gasp!

So, imagine my surprise when I walk into my honors English class second period, and there is someone standing in the room speaking to my class, who I eventually learned was Seli. I was interested to say the least, and I wasn't going to complain because that meant we weren't going to do anything that day. The presentation had me hooked and by fourth period I was already telling my best friend about this after school Journalism program called Harlem Live that seemed cool, and we should consider going there and finding out more information about it. Roping in another friend from my English class, we headed over to their base right after school. We were scared to say the least, checking with each other to make sure that we looked presentable enough, or professional enough. Now looking back at it -even though it is only three hours later- there was no need to fear because they were the opposite of everything we envisioned them to be. They were not stuck up, nor were they too busy to listen to our questions. They were easy going and it was easy enough to be myself and it didn't hurt that we had tons of fun joking around with them. Personally I think this is going to be the start of one awesome experience.