Friday, March 6, 2009

Harlem Heights

Has anyone watched BET's new reality series "Harlem Heights." This show debuted this past Monday after Rip the Runaway. I really tried to be open minded and supportive of BET because I believe in my black folks. I didn't even pre-judge the show by basing it off of their crappy sitcom, "Baldwin Hills". Instead I just, tuned in and hoped for the best. 

Instantly, I was disappointed in the introduction. The main character to my knowledge, Bridget, took the liberty to introduce everyone to the audience. First mistake:We don't need a narrator for a reality series. The audieunce feels incompetent when we have someone telling us everythig instead of telling us, let us watch it... it is a show. 

Next, I noticed something that is common with both Harlem Heights and Baldwin Hills. The actors are usually isolated when acting in scenes. When character Jason and Landon were talking, the set was blocked off, they're were no other pedestrains or extras walking by. This tactic which is used in Baldwin Hills makes the production lame. Second mistake: We want to see interaction with the cast. Instead of them talking so much, we should see them doing things. Instead of telling us what they like and want, we should know by their actions. Add your opinons.... cause from this first week, it's crappy.