Tuesday, March 3, 2009

NYC Public Schools were closed

Yesterday for the first time in over five years, NYC public schools were changed due to the snowy weather. I was estactic about this and stayed in bed all day. Besides excitement, I felt undefeated. Undefeated in a way that anything can be done. It seems as if anything is possible for 2009. First, Obama, now NYC schools are closing. I didn't think this could happen unless some terrorism attack occurred where our lives were in complete danger. I guess I was proved wrong and it's a new day for something new to always happen.

Speaking of new things, I'm covering a story on text lingo; regarding text messages and instant messaging. I asked Christian about future trends and he said Facebook. Charisma said AIM will still be the trend. Dushawn agreed but said that AIM will improve, the name might change, it will include web cam and better smiley faces will exist. the conversation sparked after I read a passage about kids using text lingo on school assignments. I decided to question my friends and peers about their experiences about accidentally using text slang such as :lol, lmao, wen, instead of when. etc on school assignments.

I think it will be an interesting topic to cover. It's pretty random but cool. Im also covering a story on "For the Love of Ray J". I'll get some opinions on it from his blog. The lastest ganda(info) is that Danger is pregnant by Ray J. I must go now and do my chore.