Monday, April 6, 2009

Productive day;Bad Weather...how ironic?


Today was a productive day for me. I got my Genetics Report done for my science class. I also finished my memoir this past weekend and I sent it to Kathryn. I think it's pretty good. I'm still working on my LGBT youth story. I should be finished with it this week. Wednesday, I'll be traveling with my school to Thomas Reuters for a job shadowing trip. I'm pretty excited because I didn't really get to properly introduce myself to them.

Back to memoirs, we'll be having a class with Kathryn. It's funny that I talk about memoirs, as I am now reading Faith Evans memoir called "Keep the Faith". I don't usually like books about celebrities because I'm a writer and I know that these artists don't actually write their novels. That bothers me sometimes, but I'm really enjoying this book. Faith has been thorough a lot and her story is making me like her even more. I've always been a fan but I feel like she is a regular person. I'm planning to write a review on this book, once I'm finished. 

I've just started it today and I'm interested in continuing. I like that the book doesn't revolve around her relationship with Big and that we really get to see Faith. I don't want to spoil it and tell you guys about her struggles, so if you're interested, pick up a copy of "Keep the Faith" by Faith Evans and Aliya S. King.