Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What A Saturday...

Today I finished my story on Obama's first 100 days in office. I don't think that he has made that many recognizable changes though. I hope to see changes in the next couple of months. Right now the weather is really hot. I hate HATE unbearable weather. It's so much going on when it's hot and it's more and more people outside. My weekend started pretty good. I went to take my best friend little sister to the movies to see obsessed on Saturday at the magic Johnson theater. It was sold out so we went to see it at a later time 10:55. After the movie ended at 1;40, I took her home and planned on visiting my BF as i was walking to 7th avenue to catch a bus there were a lot of people who seemed my age walking the opposite way then i saw a large crowd of people running. My first instinct was to run too, but instead i crossed the street and walk the opposite way. I called my best friend to see where she was at because there was suppose to be a Harlem/Harlem teams cookout. So i expected a lot of problems. My best friend told me to get away from there because they were shooting. so then i decided to go home. on 125th and Amsterdam. As i walked there i saw my best friend and a couple of other people and  crossed the street 1 minute after that there were 3 gun shots on Morning side avenue on 125th. i saw people running i was scared because that was the way i was suppose to go. instead i found a cab because it seemed that everyone was drunk and went to my BF house and i got stuck in the elevator on the 4th floor. I started panicking and called him to open the door but it wouldn't then it went to the first floor and just took the steps. I fell asleep for 30 minutes and just took a cab home. It was a really bad day for me. but i got through it. the next day i found out that 2 people were shot one boy dies at 13 and was shot 2 times in the head and the other was his friend who was shot in the hand.