Friday, April 17, 2009

AMOS && SRI LANKA



Today's story was so cool. Me, Shae, Sunny & DayDay went to a former football players restaurant. We got to tour the restaurant and it was really nice. I went to the kitchen with sunny and the cooks were really nice. The bartender was really nice, she bought out 2 appetizers. The duck rolls and the calamari which were two of their best dishes. I ate most of everything. It was my first time eating Duck and Octopus and it was so GOOD :). When the owner drove in front of the restaurant in his really nice, expensive looking car, we all knew it was him. He was very nice and he looked very nice. He made me a bit nervous though. I would go back there to try something new with someone I know has never tasted any of those dishes.

After that we went to a protest or a rally which purpose was to make people aware of the genocide occurring in Sri Lanka. It is pretty bad what is happening there. What surprised me was the details that they were telling me about, Such as Buddhism being on sale and is considered to be a commodity and the two different cultures that live there only difference is the languages they speak. Its ridiculous how people could be so cruel to their own race of people, the human race. The majority of people which is the government is trying to get rid of the minority any way that they can and 200-300 people are dying everyday.

Kendra

"Our greatest strength as a Human Race is our ability to acknowledge our differences, our greatest weakness is our failure to embrace them."
~Judith Henderson