Friday, April 10, 2009

Haile King Rubie


Today a lot of people stayed home. Its Good Friday, and because of the rain it isn't such a good Friday. I went on a story to interview Haile King Rubie. Haile is a young visual artist with a great personality. He was diagnosed with down syndrome and recently had surgery in his chest. It was such a great experience to interview him. He is 18 years old now and kept saying hes proud of his african culture and that "art is good and it makes you happy". I agree with him and I'm glad to know that we have that in common. Tomorrow I'm going to my art class and i'll have something to talk about. Me and Haile see that art work is not only something to show its a personal healing that you recieve when you paint and or draw, no matter what the outcome of the piece is.

KENdra



"I'm painting an idea not an ideal. Basically I'm trying to paint a structured painting full of controlled, and therefore potent, emotion."
-- Euan Uglow