Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Pier


Yesterday, I tagged along with Christian to cover a POS on LGBT (Lesbians, gays, Bisexuals and Transgender) youth. It was a great evening. The weather was beautiful on the pier and a lot of people were out. I pass the pier all the time driving but I've never taken the train and walked around. The people were nice and receptive to our questions. One guy willingly volunteered to be interviewed. 

I interviewed him on the youth adapting to the gay community. His name was Jose, also known as Josephine, he's a transgender male and he gave me some great quotes. He talked about the society helping the LGBT community with funding and shelter. It was a insightful interview, however, he talked a little too much. It was great though. 

I had a great experience downtown and I felt comfortable in that environment, although I'm not gay. I had a great time, can't wait to write the story. 
P.S- HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!!!!!